Thursday, November 22, 2012

More hats and spinning

Well, while I was away on my holiday I managed to get in some crochet time and so I made another sun hat, this time using the 6-9month patter (http://stitch11.com/6-9sunhat/). This one was supposed to be for my niece but it ended up being rather small, I think it may be due to the cotton yarn being so thin. So this is now going to the little girl whom I made the snail for and fingers crossed it will fit!

This is the result of my drop spindling. I did one strand on the top whorl and one on the bottom whorl to get a feel for them and then I plyed them together. The plyed yarn looks gorgeous, the thick and thin bits when overlapped look really interesting! It would look even better if the strands were different colours or variations of colours. I am incredibly pleased.

This afternoon I dyed the yarn with food colouring and this is how it turned out!


I also currently have a work in progress, I am making a giraffe for a friend, this will be my first paid project! How exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment